Wednesday, October 15, 2014

31 Days of Halloween with Smeared and Smudged-Day Fifteen

The Dream Team are dipping their fingers into all things spooky, creepy, and scary, as we play along with the Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. The team will be taking turns to fill the quota of 31 days on the Dream It Up! blog, and posting on their own blogs as well. Be sure to leave them lots of love as this is truly a challenge for many of them! Here is today's post from Lea Kimmel:


It's another Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween card and I love how this one turned out.  It's pretty much exactly what I pictured in my head when I started this project.  I'm so glad the Dreamweaver Stencils Dream Team decided to play along this year!  Here's my project for today:



Here's what I used to create this project:

Copic® Markers (YG93, 95, 97, 99; Y11, 17; C3, 4, 6)
Basic Black Cardstock
Christmas Red Stickles™
1 1/4" Circle Punch by EK Success®
1" Circle Punch by EK Success®
Tombow™ Mono Adhesive - Removable

Here's what I did to create this project:

First I penciled in my hills just to give reference points and I stamped the tree.
•Next I drew the tombstones, stamped the witch and the two smaller bats.
•I then taped on the bats stencil and inked the one bat with a sponge.
•Punched out two circles, one of each size.
•I colored in the grassy hills and tombstones then masked them off, I also masked the area for the moon with the larger circle.
•Using the grays, I airbrushed the sky and then removed the masks
•I colored in the moon.
•Next I die cut my tree and adhered it on the card front.
•I stamped the spider.
•Stickles™ were added to the bats for eyes.
•I created my card base and adhered the card front to the base.
•I colored some white scraps with the green and trimmed a few pieces of grass and adhered them.
•I colored another piece of white with a green marker, stamped my sentiment and adhered it to a scrap of black cardstock that I then trimmed and adhered.


The Smeared and Smudged site is offering prizes each day of the month by a long list of sponsors...Dreamweaver being one of them, but we are also offering one stencil (our choice) to one lucky commenter on the Dream It Up! blog each day of the month! So, leave your comment below before heading over the Smeared and Smudged blog to view all of the other creepiness!

27 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card! I love that scene, the sky looks amazing and I love the tree!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Great Halloween card! Colors are eerie and a perfect blend for a graveyard scene!

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! Fabulously spooky scene! Love the mix of stamping, stenciling and die cuts and your coloring ROCKS! xxD

Sandi Lou said...

What a great card. The whole creepy graveyard image is done to perfection with all the small details.

maureenjscott said...

this is a fabulous project! I love the background and the stencilling and stamping, great composition, love it! mo x

Unknown said...

A lovely card! So may stages, the sky particularly is very eye catching x

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, this is a really cool card - so SPOOKY!

Denise Bryant said...

I love this card! Awesome looking sky, and I love the Leafless Tree die! Great details with the spider, witch, and bats!

Janis said...

Terrific spooky scene! LOVE the bats and the tree silhouettes!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Laura S Reading said...

Isn't it wonderful when things turn out as you have them imagined?

Great spooky scene. Love the details.

TangledBlueRose said...

Love that tree and moon! So gorgeous! ~kim

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Great scene. Thanks for sharing how created it.

Teresa said...

Love the graveyard scene and the silhouette tree x

ionabunny said...

Love the scene you created here with the gravestones, bats and trees. Very spooky. Bwahahahahahahaha

valscraftings said...

Love the scene, wonderful!

Susan Renshaw said...

Great 'Fright Night' scene! Love all the stencilling!

Carolina Kathy said...

Love your Halloween cards! Great colors and a bit eerie! Thx for sharing.

Katie said...

What a great Halloween scene! Love the spider hanging from the tree and the muted colors setting the tone. Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

A wicked cool creation today, love the spooky scene!

Julia said...

Loving the tree, great scene.

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! I really love this one--the stencils are perfect and so are those little tombstones on the hillside.

My Side of Oz said...

Such an awesome art project! Too fabulous to call it a mere card! Fantastic!!

Unknown said...

Creepy, love the curly tree in the background

Steph said...

Awesome scene, what a fab card.

Sarah said...

Fab scene!! Love the tree in the foreground and the graveyard in the background!

Cindy Groh said...

I have that tree die. What a fabulous scene you created with it. Great card.

Unknown said...

I love the scene you created!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive