Sunday, October 19, 2014

31 Days of Halloween with Smeared and Smudged - Day Nineteen


The Dream Team are dipping their fingers into all things spooky, creepy, and scary, as we play along with the Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. The team will be taking turns to fill the quota of 31 days on the Dream It Up! blog, and posting on their own blogs as well. Be sure to leave them lots of love as this is truly a challenge for many of them! Here is today's post from Alison.

I kept things really simple for this card. I used one of my favorite backgrounds- the Damask stencil. I inked it up with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink and a stencil brush. Then I stamped, watercolored and cut out my pumpkin image. Did you notice that the pumpkin has a damask pattern on it? That is where I got the inspiration for this card!

I layered the image and stenciled cardstock on to a striped paper, and that was it. I didn't want to make it overly fussy, since the damask is so busy. A nice quick card that uses stencils in it's simplest form.

The Smeared and Smudged site is offering prizes each day of the month by a long list of sponsors...Dreamweaver being one of them, but we are also offering one stencil (our choice) to one lucky commenter on the Dream It Up! blog each day of the month! So, leave your comment below before heading over the Smeared and Smudged blog to view all of the other creepiness! 

22 comments:

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous background. Lovely card

Unknown said...

I love the contrasting backgrounds, the stripy modern under the vintage pattern! Another stunning card.

Julia said...

Love this background and hat beautiful pumpkin on the corner of the card. Gorgeous colors.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful card! I love how elegant that damask stencil makes everything!

My Side of Oz said...

Great and elegant card!! Love it!

Laura S Reading said...

The damask stencil does make for an elegant background.
You wouldn't think it would go so well with the stripes, but Alison has made it work.

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Beautiful card. Love the damask background and the matching pumpkin.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the tie-in with the damask pattern! Pretty card!

DonnaMundinger said...

That damask stencil is gorgeous! Goes so well with the fab pumpkin. xxD

Sandi Lou said...

The damask stencil is such a versatile, go-to tool to have in the craft area. It always add such class to a project.

TangledBlueRose said...

Love that stencil! The colors are gorgeous! Amazing pumpkin tucked in there, great details!
~kim

Cindy Groh said...

Love that background. Beautifully spooky card.

Steph said...

Beautiful, another stencil to add to my wish list :) love the colors too.

Viki Banaszak said...

I love this. I guess I need to get seedless grapes ink pad because I love that color. This just looks wonderful.

Teresa said...

Love that damask stencil, and the rich plum colour you used on it. Another beautiful card xx

Unknown said...

Love that damask background!

Susan Renshaw said...

Brilliant background. Love the pumpkin!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

A bootiful card, even more on the 2nd look see ;0)

Unknown said...

the base of the pumpkin and the purple are my fab fav

Unknown said...

Beautiful card--very elegant!

Janis said...

The damask pattern is perfect and makes for a very elegant card. LOVE the purple. Nice job!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Great card! I love this background stencil and the color you have chosen for it. Also love the pumpkin. Great Halloween card! Thank you for sharing.

Katie B.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive