Saturday, October 18, 2014

31 Days of Halloween with Smeared and Smudged - Day Eighteen


The Dream Team are dipping their fingers into all things spooky, creepy, and scary, as we play along with the Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. The team will be taking turns to fill the quota of 31 days on the Dream It Up! blog, and posting on their own blogs as well. Be sure to leave them lots of love as this is truly a challenge for many of them! Here is today's post from Lyn Bernatovich:



I'm having too much fun working with 31 Days of Halloween!  Today's card is all about creating a feel of distressing, depressing, spooky and creepy all in one A2 size!  I knew I'd be using the Stampendous Cling Tombstone Owl and ended up stamping it onto some leftover background papers I made from my post on Oct. 11th.

Next I grabbed some Core'dinations sandables and dry embossed the Dreamweaver bat trio (LL525).  P.S. be sure to emboss the black side as the right side up.  You can guess why I'm mentioning it...  The beauty of sandables is it takes little amount of muscle power to reveal the core; hence, you achieve the look in no time flat!

The Dreamweaver Web stencil (LJ816) was also dry embossed on Core'dinations sandable paper and quickly sanded for a very cool looking web background.

All that was left was assembling the distressed panels and offsetting them for a shabby look.  Once the layers were affixed, all the card needed was my mix of Stampendous Fragments (purple, hunter) and silver crushed glass glitter and the mesh ribbon banner (May Arts).

The Smeared and Smudged site is offering prizes each day of the month by a long list of sponsors...Dreamweaver being one of them, but we are also offering one stencil (our choice) to one lucky commenter on the Dream It Up! blog each day of the month! So, leave your comment below before heading over the Smeared and Smudged blog to view all of the other creepiness! 

24 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Lynell this is just so creatively designed. Loving the aqua an dpurple colouring and the wonderful distressing. {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,000 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

ionabunny said...

Oh yeah, I should write on more of my embossing folders 'this side up'!!, altough leaving an embosed piece of card in them is an easy way to see what you are going to get which side. Love your card. Great image and I really like the embossed bats. Hugz

valscraftings said...

Wonderful card love all the distressing!

My Side of Oz said...

One of the best cards ever!! All those wonderful layers, the mesh ribbon, the curl on the edge, it all adds up to one super fabulous card! And thank you so much for my winning goodies! I did not expect such fab items and the card enclosed was good enough for me to be the prize!! Thanks so much and you will be seeing one or both of my now beloved stencils in the coming days!!

Sandi Lou said...

I can't get enough of layered cards, this one is brilliant. Love the mesh ribbon at the top and all the fragments.

Janis said...

This is a super-spooky and fabulous card, Lynell!! Love all the shabby layers that contribute to the old and creepy look. Eeeek!

Halloween isn't usu one of my card-making holidays, but I have been super-inspired by the 31 Days creations here. I pulled out a Halloweenish looking Dreamweaver stencil and got to work last night. It was really fun. I will be linking it up for the challenge. :)

Also I am hoping that the spooky random number generator will land on my name sometime this month so I can share in some trick or treat crafting goodies, too....I think! EEEK!! As long as they are treats and not tricks! :o Thanks for a fun month of spooky inspiration. Everyone is doing an amazing job!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

TangledBlueRose said...

Gorgeous card and loving all the yummi layers! Thanks for the hint on the paper, I know I will still get it backwards lol.
Super card all the way around!
~kim

Laura S Reading said...

You have done shabby and distressed amazingly well.
Wonderful results

Unknown said...

Lovely distressed project!

Teresa said...

Love this piece - all those lovely layers!

Viki Banaszak said...

This is such a spooktacular card! I love the papers that you used.

Susan Renshaw said...

Fabulous piece! Love all the layers and use of images and stencils!

Pam said...

This is fabulous! Love all the distressed layers.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

WOW, that is one card bristling with layers and texture, I love it!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Fabulous card. Love the distressed look and the textures.

Unknown said...

Wow so many layers I don't even know where to start. The black mesh in the background is cool and the purple specs in the front are totally awesome really really wonderful entry

Unknown said...

We saw this stamp elsewhere on the hop today--amazing how different it looks, yet both are fabulous! Love your background papers--just my style! :)

Julia said...

Gorgeous card, love the layers and that owl on the tombstone.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the layering and that beautiful owl!

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! The distressing and layering here is gorgeous! What a fabulous creation in beautiful colors. xxD

Steph said...

Oh my gosh I love this! All the layers and the distressing, not to mention those super cool fragments! Wow!

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic layers and I love all the fragments!

Cindy Groh said...

Fabulous card. Spooky indeed.

Katie said...

Love that cute owl! Also love the fragments and the embossed bats!! Great Halloween card!! :) Love the layers. :) Thank you for sharing.

Katie B.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive