Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sleighs were made of Wood!


You have to give this sleigh a double take...yes Laura actually made this sleigh from wood that is so thin you can use it like paper. She cut it out and even stenciled (LG731) the holly flourish onto it, outlined it with glitter glue and paste embossed the runners and season's greetings with silver paste. Puffy glue for the snow Laura? You'll have to correct me in the comments Laura if I'm off base, but I'm thinking that is what it is. It was all created on a metallic blue cardstock for a stunning effect. Fun!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

love love love love love it! way cool!

Marijane said...

So pretty! I love the look of silver paste on metallic blue cardstock. I'm so glad I have silver paste thanks to the blog hop! Was Lynell right about the puffy snow Laura? I too would like to know.

Laura Drahozal said...

Puffy snow was a product called "Liquid Applique". You put it on and heat it with a heat gun. It puffs up and is very cool for snow. As for the silver, it actually isn't the silver paste. It is the regular paste (a matte white). I LOVE this paste, and recently bought the "super size" container because EVERYTHING goes on it. After it was dry, I replaced the stencil and used a Versamark ink maker over it. Then, I used a silver tinsel embossing powder on it. I heated the embossing powder, and, viola! This embossing paste can REALLY handle it, and I use lots of techniques on top of the paste. LOVE it. Good luck and have fun!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive