If you are here to view 31 Days of Halloween scroll down to the next post for Day #2
Can you tell that sometimes Dream Team's "Fearless Leader", Pam Hornschu, has a hard time deciding on monthly challenges? Since the team will be taking turns all month with the Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween, and we are doing a Christmas collaboration with Stampendous and Core'dinations the 13th - 17th, the confusion should be understandable. Therefore...happy HallowThanksMas! As usual, we'd love for you to play along with the challenge and link your creations to the Inlinkz tool on the Dream It Up! blog. Just in case you are wondering...NO, YOU DO NOT NEED TO POST SOMETHING WITH ALL THREE HOLIDAYS ON IT! However, you get bonus points for actually using Dreamweaver stencils and product on your creations! And bonus points might actually earn you an extra stencil as our monthly winner...just sayin'! (Really, what will happen is a separate drawing for anyone using a stencil in their creation....this will reward the people using stencils, after all it's only fair to tip the odds in favor of stencil usage since we are a stencil company. We will also have a general random drawing for greeting card enthusiasts so if you've created using a stencil it will automatically be entered in that drawing as well.)
Because the team is also joining Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween we will be having a daily Halloween posting here on the blog and each day a comment winner will win a stencil of our choosing....AND there are some other really great prizes as well, check out Smeared and Smudged for all the details. All of the participants are listed on our sidebar.
Scroll to the bottom of this post to see if you have won in September's Holiday Challenge. There are two random winner's for the stencil of your choice. PLUS...yes, this last week I ran a commenter's special drawing to see who was paying attention and actually interacted via comments....I think this winner will be surprised.
Dreamweaver now has 8 embossing folders. Here's a unique way to use them.
1. Place a navy colored piece of metal in the middle of the Peace on Earth folder (FG663).
2. Place the folder with the metal sandwiched onto the thick white plate of the embossing machine and then the two acrylic plates on top. If you are using the Cuttlebug it would be two acrylic "B" plates. Now run this stack through the machine. (If you are using the Big Shot don't use the tabs or shims unless your stack is really loose.)
3. Use a really fine sandpaper or manicure sanding block to sand the navy blue color off of the embossed design.
4. A soft swiffer dust cloth or a baby wipe is used to get rid of the excess sanded color from the surface.
5. I used our Color Solution Alcohol inks..."Pine Bough" with a detail cotton swab to add color to the trees. The Color Solution's nozzle is designed so the ink comes out one drop at a time, but if you want a steady flow puncture the tip with a sharp stick pin.
6. WE HAVE A NEW MINI SPATULA!!! This new tool (WPT)has a sharp piercing tip on one end, but the other end is a small angled spatula. I mostly use it for doing the double glitter technique as a tiny scoop to manipulate glitter, but today I used it to place small amounts of the Glossy White Embossing paste (DGWP) on and under the trees. Perfect size for this type of detail work!
7. While the embossing paste is still wet sprinkle it with crystal glitter.
Here at Dreamweaver Central, Rebekka Behunin has been busy creating these cards for you to see in your local card making store. Drop in to see the rest of the embossing folders that are available at your favorite stores and the other samples on our sample boards too. If you don't have a store near you contact us for an online store to help you with your needs.
Be sure to see what our design team is doing with the happy HallowThanksMas challenge this month. Leave some wonderful comments to encourage them with their October creations. And remember to add your creation below to the inlinkz tool:
Now here are our two random winners for the September Challenge:
*Christmas and the Holidays*
If you don't know the drill, you just need to choose a stencil from www.stencilwithstyle.com and email me, email@example.com your favorite with your snail mail addy.
The PLUS drawing is for those of you who read my post and left a comment about which zentangle pattern you would like to see done on the leaf designs...I was pretty easy and put everyone's name in the hat who made a comment about the post. And the surprise is that the winner was also a winner for this month's challenge...yep, Ionabunny was a winner in both random drawings! So Iona (GAIL) needs to choose another stencil and add that to the email you send me. Amazing how that random thingy works. Congrats ms. bunny! Thank you everyone for your comments it was fun to share with Wayne and think about the possibilities that everyone came up with.