Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Holidays in a Hurry! And...we have two winners!



Today is the beginning of our December Challenge...which happens to be "the Holidays in a Hurry", this of course is the story of my life, always in a hurry. Whenever December arrives I am often (not always) one step behind, but I figure a big percentage of friends and family are the same, so I don't sweat the small stuff and just immerse myself in this season of joy. I do enjoy making my own Christmas cards, tags and sometimes I even get creative with creating my own wrapping paper. So if you would like to share some of the things you create in a hurry then this upcoming challenge will be right up your alley and we would love to have you join us. Remember that the challenge should reflect a creation that you would do if you are in a hurry. If you are not sure how it all works then click HERE to find out how to link up with the linky tool below and we will enjoy seeing your posts for this month's challenge. 

I also want to say a special thank you to Linda Neff for being our guest designer this past month...such wonderful creations Linda!!!

This month I chose TWO winners! YUP...couldn't resist the fun of sending out two stencils. I know how wild it gets with the holidays I decided to reward more of you for joining us. THANK YOU!!! So our winners are: FitKitty and Shell B...if you would be so kind as to email me your snail mail addys and your favorite stencil choice I will pop your winning in the mail post haste! lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com

My post today is my favorite "in a hurry technique", which is called Molten Magic. Wish I could say that I created this card, but alas I am still running behind. So today's beauty is done by none other than former design team member, Ms. Georgia Sommers. Thank you for sharing this with me, ms. Georgia. The Christmas border stencil (LJ922) is paste-embossed onto black cardstock and the Merry Winter stencil (LM252) was paste-embossed onto dark blue cardstock with the Pearlescent Embossing Paste (DPP). As soon as the stencil is pasted and the stencil removed the Metallic F/X powders are sprinkled onto the wet paste. Georgia used the following Metallic F/X colors: Kimono Red, Kiwi, Gold Dust and Navajo Sky. OH...SOOOO pretty! Now tap off the excess powder and immediately heat the entire card with a heat gun...don't use a whimpy heat gun, use something like a Marvy/Uchida or Milwaukee that gets quite hot. The paste will bubble and look very molten. If it isn't bubbly molten looking, then one of two things is the problem, you are either not holding the heat tool close enough or the paste may already be dry. Once done it should be quite dry and you can gently use a "Swiffer" dusting cloth and remove the excess powder from the card. Georgia then used a fun see-through bow and pretty pin to embellish this GEORGIA-ous card.

Now don't forget to visit the rest of the team this week to discover what their take is on "the holidays in a hurry". I am always amazed at how wonderful this team is when faced with a challenge:

4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

OMGoodness - So excited to see my name as one of the winners! This is wonderful - thank you! I will be emailing you shortly. Wishing you a joyful day!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love this card from Georgia! So gorgeous and shimmery!

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Truly a classic technique Lynell!!!! Love the card.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card!

Post a Comment