Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dreamweaver and Quietfire Design, Day Two


Get ready for an amazing week of Awesome in Autumn! This week we are playing with the Quietfire Design team, and are so excited to play with their amazing images and sentiments. In their beautiful calligraphic style, their quotes and thoughts are the perfect addition to our Dreamweaver designs. Follow along with us, and leave your comments for an opportunity to win one of two wonderful prize packages:



Tree Line Stencil LG745 and Quietfire tree stamp #6387
Continuing on with the awesome theme that we started this month is a stamp by Quietfire designs about Trees (stamp#6387)...as you know I have a real large place in my designing heart for trees and I love Suzanne's sentiment regarding them. The tree line stencil (LG745) was dry embossed onto 80# white cardstock using Tim Holt's Vagabond machine. Remember to spray the back of the cardstock with rubbing alcohol for a sharper embossed image. Then I removed the stencil and did the coloring with a technique called Strié. This means that I used large stencil brushes and stroked across the image starting with the lightest color and then built the darker colors one at a time. It does give a more toned or grayed look to your coloration, but that is the beauty of this process of not using a stencil while adding the color. I used pigment ink and Tim Holt's distress inks, but dye inks can be used as well. It is a very quick process and I love to do this technique when I am in a hurry for a card.

For the month of September receive a 20% discount at Stencil with Style if you use the code SWS20.

Check out today's awesomeness which includes...


22 comments:

Evelyn said...

The colours are terrific! I like the watercolour effect done to the trees.

Kathy Eddy said...

What a pretty card!

Kathy Eddy said...

What a pretty card!

Joni said...

Very nice card - I like the coloring on the trees.

Debbie Sherman said...

Love the water color!

Cherylynn said...

Lynell, this card is just stunning. The watercolor effect you achieved using the Strié technique is just phenomenal. I think I need a 1:1 training with you on doing Strié.

Jan Castle said...

WOW...never heard of this technique - certainly is effective for your tree line! Thanks for the TIP to spray the back of the cardstock with rubbing alcohol for a sharper embossed image!

Yogi said...

beautiful bunch of creations. Have a great day

CraftyJo said...

I've never heard of Strié.....but I love the results :)

Anne said...

It looks just like watercolour! So beautiful and serene! Thanks for sharing your technique and card!

peaches234 said...

Great new technique for me to try. Thanks.

Robyn said...

Lovely. I love trees too!
This technique is new to me and I can,t wait to try it!

Quietfire said...

Awww, what a gentle beauty! I was thinking that you have a lot of tree images. I keep looking for good tree quotes, so let me know if you find some! :-)

Louise said...

Beautiful Lynell! Quietfire does have lovely tree sayings that go so perfectly with your tree stencils!

Sandi Lou said...

Love that the treeline stencil could be used for any season. Thanks for the watercolor effect tips.

Shirley said...

The sentiment goes well with the tree background. Thanks for the technique, I feel inspired.

catophile said...

I love trees and I love your card. The subtle coloring is so perfect!

Kathy O'Mara

Kailash said...

Love this beautiful card!!

Froggietalks said...

Love this card..I must try this colouring technique :)

Janis said...

Thought-provoking sentiment on a lovely card!!!
<3 J

Charmaine Stack said...

Lovely pairing. This is a great tree line landscape.

Vicki Sopcak said...

What you did with this stencil is amazing. The card looks like a painting....GREAT JOB!!!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive