Thursday, September 26, 2013

Two winners...plus:A New Design is Coming/Vintage Decor


New Design/Vintage Decor LX7022
I have truly enjoyed working with the wonderful stamps from Quietfire this past week and reading all your wonderful comments on the two team's creations for the blog hop.

Our two winners for the Quietfire blog hop are: 
Crafty Jo and Janis ...so please email me your snail mail address and we will ship your bloglicious winnings! 
lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com

We are continuing our Autumn Awesomeness of working with the Art Glitter design team for one more week. Kristi Parker who is head of their team is our guest designer this month. Thanks to those who have been playing along with our monthly challenge...we will announce that random winner next Thursday, so you have one more week to post on our linky tool below. If you would like to know more about the Awesome Autumn challenge this month click HERE. Remember read carefully because if you order from either Stencil with Style or Art Glitter there is a discount in store for you.

Today I am sharing a new stencil design ....we are calling it Vintage Decor (LX7022). You won't be able to find it for another week or so, because our retailers are just now finding out about it too. I have to admit I really enjoyed doing this card in an Autumn colorway and with Art Institute glitter.

I started by paste-embossing the Vintage Stencil with Dreamweaver Glossy Green Embossing Paste (DGGP). After removing the stencil and while the image was still wet I sprinkled the leaves with Bavarian Forest, a microfine Art Glitter. Next I sprinkled the pod or flower portion with Bordello, another microfine Art Glitter. I set this aside and let it dry...then the real fun began.

I had some citron colored Swarovski crystals and glued them onto the dots...oooooo, so sparkly! Gem tack Glue from Beacon is my fave for attaching crystals.  But it also came in handy for the next part of this design. I squirted dollops of the Gem Tack glue onto the leaves and used a toothpick to move the glue to within a 1/16th of an inch of the design and then sprinkled on Art Glitter's Nutmeg colored glitter. Then repeated on the central leaves using Art Glitter Chartreuse colored glitter....and finally the flower or pod was done with Pumpkin colored glitter.  Adding this glue and glitter embellishing really added triple dimension to the piece. It did take awhile for the glue to dry...maybe two or three hours, but the results were so smashing that it was worth the wait. I tied up a scrumptious May Arts ribbon for a finishing accent and there it is a new design to share. 

Don't hesitate to take the tour and see what the team has been up to lately...BTW, they love your comments even when we aren't having a hop:


8 comments:

Janis said...

Yippeee!!....That's me! I have just sent you my info. THANKS soooo much for sponsoring this hop. It was a feast for my crafting soul.
<3 J

Pam Hornschu said...

Super sparkle on this new design! I'd love to see it in person!

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh wow! What a gorgeous new stencil!

Louise said...

Oh my, I love this new stencil and what you've done with it! Gorgeous!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card!

Teresa said...

Beautiful, beautiful card... Love the glitters that you used :)

Jan Castle said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love all the glitz you have on it!!!

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful card. I recent acquired a stencil and die cut from your company and thought I would try your monthly challenge. Can you respond with a link to this challenge? Thanks

Post a Comment

Blog Archive