Wednesday, August 4, 2010

HOPE is the thing with feathers...

Whenever I see this little bird stencil (LS94) 
it reminds me of the Emily Dickinson 
poem called ...

HOPE

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul, 
And sings the tune--without the words, 
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard; 
And sore must be the storm 
That could abash the little bird 
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land, 
And on the strangest sea; 
Yet, never, in extremity, 
It asked a crumb of me.

Thank you Lee, for this beautifully stenciled tag!

3 comments:

Marijane said...

What a beautiful card! Fall is my favorite time of year and favorite colors - perfect! I LOVED the poem. Thank you for sharing and reminding me of the beauty of Emily Dickinson. Wouldn't this stenciled image done on the front of a card with the poem inside be perfect to send to a friend facing a difficult time?

Linda said...

Simply wonderful! the blend of colors and poem just enhanced it! LOVE IT

Terrece said...

I never think to use tags. The bird on the limb is one of my favorites. Glad you put the two together. Hope you don't mind if I use your idea for some cards!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive