Tuesday, May 5, 2015

ZENSDAYS: May the fourth be with you...zen challenges!

Well it's the first Monday of the month challenge with Laura Harms (the diva) and highly recommend that you go to her site to get the full impact of her first week in May challenge. The first Monday is always a UMT (use my tangle) challenge...where she randomly chooses someone's tangle and this month the tangle is "Brella" by Bunny Wright a CZT from Canada. May is famous in Laura's household because they all love the Star Wars movies and seeing her tangle creation which is a wonderful ZIA by Laura is truly a must do. Today Wayne's Brella tangle is Star Wars themed as well....go to his Flickr site to enjoy his fun creation. I have to admit that in 1977 when the first Star Wars movie came out Wayne and I were going to college in the Chattanooga Tennessee area and had no clue how that movie would change the sci-fi movie arena.  As you can tell by my ZIA above, I just went down my own road and did loads of variations on Brella and only a couple of them were true to the original tangle...so be sure if you want to know more visit tanglepatterns.com for the step-by-step instructions. I used the LJ811 grid stencil to trace 16 of the squares and then started playing. Well, that is how it went down, I let my pens and colors dictate the end result. I used my Prisma Color Pencils on some of them, and the Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils on others...there's a learning curve there and I haven't reached the comfort zone yet, but had fun and that's more important to me than stressing about whether or not something was perfect. 


I am also doing the ABC challenge for a few weeks with Diane Clancy and Carolien (Zandipants). This week is JKL and the above tile is done with Jujubeedze, Knightsbridge and Laced.

Before the end of the week I hope to participate in Daniel's Tangle-ation Vocation and this week his challenge is MOOKA! I made Wayne try to guess which tangle Daniel had put forth as a challenge and one of my clues was..."a tangle I have never tried"...I actually am very excited to give it a go! Come back to see if I get it done.














20 comments:

Eden said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! Very April-ish, especially around here where it has been very wet!

Anne's tangle blog said...

Great, I love all these umbrealla's. Your JKL tile is beautiful

lilystangles said...

Lovely tiles :)

ionabunny said...

Really like your grid. The bottom right and the one above are my favourites. Is it cos they are red and really catch the eye? Don't know the names. Like the b/w tangle at the bottom. The holes and lines make me think of a circus tent. Hugz

Anonymous said...

These are SO. MUCH. FUN! I smiled as soon as your page loaded. Love what you did with brella this week!

Unknown said...

I loved your umbrellas. How fun! The colors are great and it makes me smile...all around goodness :-) - Wayne's deathstar is great too, but I can't comment on flicker, so please pass along my congrats.

SuzyMosh said...

I really like your different colorful umbrellas!

Betsy Wilson CZT14 said...

Awesome!

LezliB said...

Your umbrellas are wonderful! I loved all the different designs. Your JKL tangle is well done too. Nice work!

Louise said...

All I can say is WOW, great work! Love the "Brellas" you created. And Wayne, yours is amazing as always!

Carmela said...

Lovely coloured umbrella's. JKL is also beautiful!

dianeclancy said...

I totally love your JKL!! It is amazing in its boldness - it pops right out!! Thank you for joining us!! I love your Brella too - how creative!! :) :)

~ Diane Clancy
http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/04/my-diane-caroliens-j-k-l-challenge-entry
http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/05/my-diva-umt-brella-by-bunny-wright-challenge-entry

David Hunter said...

Love your beautifully colored Brella Tile. Great idea to scallop some of the edges. Your ABC challenge Tile is so clean and fun. Wonderful job.

Unknown said...

It is a fanciful drawing. I particularly like the idea of parapuie, the colors chosen, blue sky. Marry Poppins is not far!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love that last one...so cool!

jeanchaneyaz said...

So colorfully happy! LOVE!

Tangles and More said...

Like all your different Brellas. Did you use a blending pencil with the Prisma Pencils?

Tangles and More said...

I first responded on my blog, but figured that you would not see it. The blending pencils help smooth out the color and also the transition between layers or intensity of color. I think I got mine from Amazon but Michaels, Dick Blick, or Hobby Lobby may have them also.

Antonine said...

I love your delightful Brellas! A little April holdover - nothing wrong with that. Your ABC challenge tile is so dynamic and wonderful. I love that you (courageously) left well-enough alone and didn't mess with shading. It looks great!

HeidiSue said...

wow! what a terrific way to play the brella challenge! Love it. And that mooka, with the coloring and shading, is AMAZING!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive