Monday, May 11, 2015

Submissions: MNO-Challenge and Mooka Challenge

Ah....last week was busy and I am just now getting my ABC challenge done. I worked on it this weekend and we were doing MNO last week. Better late than never is my motto:M is for MUMSY (which I thought was perfect for Mother's Day), N is for NAVAHO which seemed to make a nice background and OVY had such a nice feel for a unique "ribbon" for my card. I am also entering this card in a challenge by Becky at her ToulaBoula blog. She is encouraging a "card" and I thought my MUMSY creation looked like a gift package and perfect creation for a card, so there you have it. 

I used the Inktense watercolor pencils by Derwent, (mostly on the Mumsy flower) which I like but am a novice at using them ...it seems like there are never enough colors (we have 24). On the background I used the LePlume pens...I love the tips on these they are so easy to get into tiny places where you want fine fine detail. Again not enough colors, but I guess that is one thing you just build with time or you purchase a large set. I like having a case or some way of storing them, so it is always tempting to get the case for them. On the OVY I mostly used Prisma Color pencils because it had the colors I wanted. I would like more colors, but would like to have another try at a different brand. If anyone has tried the Prisma Pencils and uses something else as well, I would love to hear your thoughts on what you like and why. Here is my piece M-N-O creation and I am reposting the piece I did with Mooka from Daniel's Tangle Corner challenge...this young man is in his teens and loves to tangle so I think it's nice to join when I can. Love it when younger people take the initiative to be not only creative but promote it as well. Yeah! Daniel!


Mooka with Tipple colored with Inktense watercolor pencils.


9 comments:

ionabunny said...

Hi Lynell, that flower really stands out. So beautiful. Hugz

never2tired2tangle said...

I love your colors Lynell. Mooka challenge is awesome - I love the delicate blue. Nice!

Anne's tangle blog said...

Both beautiful, the second one GORGEOUS!!!!

Becky said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Lynell! Mooka is my nemesis, no matter how much I work on it, it never comes out looking like anything but a a twisty mess... such a shame since I love the look of it! Point of that unnecessary babble - your Mooka is wonderful, for some reason it reminds me of a Yucca (which are just so cute), I'll have to figure out why!

I just adore your little gift box and am thrilled that you linked it to Toula Boula (which seems to be showing up just fine). The Mumsy is gorgeous! I can't thank you enough for playing along.

I sincerely hope we can do coffee one day!

dianeclancy said...

Lynell - this is an amazing M-N-O :) I love it!! I am a color junkie too!! I have many prismacolor pencils that I collected years ago and now I am using on zentangles ... there are a couple of other brands here and there in my cigar box and I don't hesitate to use them together. I love it when they come in a case. I have cigar boxes I collected years ago and they are so useful for storing coloring tools :)

Your color is so intense in each of your tangles ... and so cool you used different coloring tools!! Each of your tangles have such beautiful color and they go together so wonderfully!!! Love this!! Thank you for joining in!! And your aqua in Daniel is amazing!! :) :)

~ Diane Clancy
http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/05/my-diane-caroliens-m-n-o-challenge-entry

Susan Theron said...

Beautiful!

Victor Alex said...

Buy Lortab Online

runtzshop said...

thank you very much for letting me place a comment on this amazing blog.
blue-french-bulldog-puppies-for-sale
french-bulldog-puppies-az
french-bulldog-rescue-texa
rehome-french-bulldog-puppies
french-bulldog-puppies-for-sale-in-ga

SEO Lions said...

I simply stumbled upon your weblog and desired to say that I have really enjoyed surfing your blog articles. Positive site, where did u come up with the info on this uploading?
Archives
eprimefeed.com
Latest News
Economy
Politics
Tech
Sports
Movies
Fashion

Post a Comment

Blog Archive