Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Zensdays: Dex and Bonzo = 35

This week the diva's challenge is a duo-tangle using Dex and Bunzo. (I realize I spelled it wrong in my title, but won't fix it because it will mess with the URL for the linky tool...oops.)  Read Laura Harm's post and join the fun on her blog. Yes, she chose two tangles which symbolize her 35th birthday. Hope you have the best ever Laura... I remember those 30s as being some of the most fun with my young daughter. And you certainly have a blessed family to celebrate life with, thanks for sharing their ups and downs with us. Glad Artoo is better.

I have never done Bunzo or Dex before.  If you are interested in giving them a try go to www.tanglepatterns.com to learn the easy step-by-step techniques. It was very fun, but the straight lines in the smaller Dex squares were a bit exasperating to me. Putting the design at an angle made me relax more and ignore the equal and straight syndrome. I couldn't resist adding color...I think I have the attitude that if I am not quite sure what to do then maybe throwing some color on it will make me happy and sure enough I felt better after playing with color.  I used LePlume markers because they were what was on hand. Then shaded with the Inktense watercolor pencils by Derwent. 


Sunday I also joined Daniel's Tangle-ation Vocation challenge using Mooka and am posting it again to encourage others to join his challenge. This week he is putting forth the challenge for the tangle Static, which I probably won't get around to until later this week. But I will give it a try. I have to admit that doing more challenges is getting me into trying more tangles.



24 comments:

dianeclancy said...

Lynell, these are both lovely!! I mispelled Bunzo on the back of of my tile :) :) Your Dex and Bunzo is lovely and yes, color can always help :) Thank you for posting Daniel and your tile is lovely - the aqua is so pretty!! :)

~ Diane Clancy
http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/05/my-diva-duo-tangle-dex-vs-bunzo-challenge-entry

ionabunny said...

Ooh, i like the colour. Black white and blue is a cool combo. I really could do with relaxing with some tangles. If only I could find the time!!! Spring is such a busy time and it's late arrival this year isn't helping with my time management. Hugz

Ilse said...

The blue colors make your Bunzo pop out in a great way! Your other tile is beautiful too :-)

Maulvagita's World said...

Both tiles turned out great :)

Unknown said...

Both tiles are wonderful and the colors are just right to make tangles pop. Wonderful!

DEMen said...

I love how you tilted the image on the first tile. The colors are fabulous on both tiles. Yummy!

Christina said...

Oh My Goodness I love love your tile! The colors the boldness and the different shapes of the Dex!

Maggibee said...

Well, Lynnel, that Dex is soooo deep you could fall in. And that shine on the Bunzo, wow. No-one would guess you hadn't done those patterns before, they look so good together. (The blue's a good idea too.)

I'm a little envious of the Mooka. It's one of those patterns that tests my patience a little too far. Every now and then I try it again but it's always a bit tense, waiting to see if I've got it right this time. Yours is flowing and elegant. You made it look easy. Well, I'll just have to keep practising.

Tangles and More said...

Like the contrast created by the blue. Like the composition as well. Not sure how to describe it.

Annette P.-L. said...

Both are wonderful! Especially I like the first one with its great 3D effect!

Unknown said...

I like these colours and the way you used DEX and BUNZO

David Hunter said...

Beautiful challenge Tiles, Lynell. Awesome Bunzo and Dex. Your Mooka and Tipple work so well together. Both tiles are so beautifully drawn, and your color work is stunning. Wonderful compositions.

Simone Menzel said...

Both tiles are phantastic, I like especially the use of these colours - the tiles are really vitalized (I hope this is the right word...)

jeanchaneyaz said...

Both of these are really gorgeous! I love the color you added. I especially like the shape of the Mooka too!

Antonine said...

Oh how fun! A box full of Bunzo!

Carmela said...

Like the contrast between the 2 colors. The bleu is eyecatching on both tiles. Lovely

ArtyZen said...

I love the incredible clarity you acheive in your tiles, Lynell. Beautiful and such fantastic use of colour. Love both these.
Axxx

Anne's tangle blog said...

Lovely, really lovely!!!

lilystangles said...

Both are beautiful :)

Melissa said...

Love the use of color in these tangles. Well done!

LezliB said...

Both of these tiles are beautiful. I love the addition of blue to them both and in the Diva's challenge, the way that it played with the black and white of the Bunzo is made to pop with the addition of the color. Your Mooka and Tipple are also beautifully done and I love the way you have drawn your Mooka. That a tangle that I need to practice more so I don't forget how to do it. Nice work!

Indira said...

Dex is done so perfectly. Both tiles are lovely!

Suzanne Fluhr said...

Lynell, as usual, you came up with a splendid composition for this duotangle. I struggled with Dex.

Betsy Wilson CZT14 said...

That's your first try with Bunzo and Dex?? They are naturals for you whether you think so or not! The angle works fabulously and you have a talent with markers. Nice color choice too!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive