Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Zensdays: Challenges....last week of May!

I'm off to a sluggish start this week on challenges. But I have my diva challenge done and will add more if I get them done. This week Laura had an interesting idea. Only use tangles with straight lines which I thought was a very clever challenge. Because there are oodles of straight lined tangles that if you take notice really have a curvy look to them just depending on how those lines come together. Paradox which I used as a border around Weben is one of those tangles. I have to admit I didn't put my thinking cap on to go down that road even more, but rather I wanted to try a new tangle (hence Weben) and then I vowed that my next opportunity I would utilize a tangle that I love to work with (hence Paradox). Paradox is done with all straight lines and this week I did the "columns" variety rather than the fans application of Paradox. I don't really make a habit of looking at the other challenge postings on the diva's site until after I post my challenge, but I am thinking this time around it will be fascinating to see what others have done. So follow the link above and see what's happening there and do give it a go and join if you get the chance. Everyone seems to be so supportive, so if you don't get the chance to tangle this week at least leave a comment or two for those who like some encouragement. (Which BTW is most of us!)

Also if you want an interesting read this week, stop by the Toula Boula site... Becky Robertson has some very thoughtful insights on her Monday's Muse regarding creating. As a teacher I am always interested in knowing how others approach creating and the perception of perfection and how to deal with our own and our student's creative vicissitudes. This is week four of her Love Notes challenge and an opportunity to make a card for someone you care about. I hope to have the time to do a birthday card for a friend!

If you would like to view Wayne's diva challenge click HERE to view his Flickr site with his latest creation.


I told Sarah at hungrycorgistudio.blogspot.com that each time I see her blog I remember years of pleasure with our corgis.

Our daughter is visiting this weekend and she just turned 31 this month! In honor of her visit I am posting a pix of her with her Corgi (one year old).

She is now pregnant and we are looking forward to years of fun with grandchildren and maybe even more Corgis in our lives.

22 comments:

Kerstin said...

Dear Lyn,

I love your Duo-Tangle and your arrangement of paradox and weben. I can look at your tile and I always see the light or the dark lines - that`s a wonderful illusion, I love it!

Have a nice day and greetings from germany,
Kerstin

Maggibee said...

Hi Lynell, I haven't tried that pattern in the middle yet, so thanks for the introduction. i like the sepia and the gentle shading. Looks good. Very good, in fact.

Unknown said...

I love the softness of the sepia. Combined with the shading, it's really unique alnd lovely. Very nice!

Viki Banaszak said...

I love this. The shadows make it look curvy.

Suzanne Fluhr said...

Cool. Weben is a new tangle to me. Rick's Paradox is showing up in a fair number of responses to this challenge, probably for the same reason you chose it. It "paradoxically" looks curvilinear despite being composed solely of straight lines. I think you came up with a great interpretation for this challenge.

ionabunny said...

Hi Lynell, with you on the sluggish. So much to do and still waiting for spring to kick in properly. Maybe we will just hop straight to summer!! I am always more motivated when the sun is shinning. Love the sepia. This is such a dimensional piece. So pretty. Off to see what everyone else has done. Hugz

HeidiSue said...

I'm with you: I could hardly wait to see what people have done with this challenge. Your paradox is very cool, and Weben is new to me too. Fun!

Antonine said...

The shading on your Weben is really spectacular! It gives a softness to all the straight angles. Nice border treatment with a lot of movement in the Paradox and lots of dynamic action in the Knightsbridge. Love this whole tile!

David Hunter said...

What a wonderful design in your Tile, Lynell. Beautiful work and terrific shading. This Tile would be stunning as a rug design. I love it.

Unknown said...

I like this jail window with its shading that give it depth

Tangles and More said...

Nice work. I like the tangles that you chose. Makes me think of looking through a window. I agree that can get some sense of movement even with straight lines.

Ulrike B. said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. your weben ist wonderful and the border ist great

Ilse said...

I love your tile, Lynell! It's very stylish.

jeanchaneyaz said...

It amazes me when I see how people managed to make straight lines look so "unstraight"! I like what you did. I love seeing pictures of people's families. Your daughter is a cutie and I'll bet your grandbaby will be even cuter!

Tinkered Art said...

Nice tile, one can never go wrong with paradox. Thanks for the comment on my blog - you also asked about woodburning pens. I use the Razertip system (razertip.com) it's variable temperature control unit, different and costs more than the hobby type single temp burners. With variable temp burners you the pens you use have different style tips. Hope that helps, if not let me know I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Annette P.-L. said...

Beautiful tile! Great choice of tangles and I love your Paradox border!

Sue Sharp said...

Nice blog, and a terrific tile!

lilystangles said...

Lovely tile :)

Katie said...

How sweet! I did go to the site in the second paragraph when you posted last week and was delighted! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Carmela said...

Beautiful tile, and Great how paradox come out. Lovely.

dianeclancy said...

This is very pretty!! :)

~ Diane Clancy
http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/05/my-diva-straight-lines-challenge-entry

Unknown said...

Karnataka Gems International is one of the largest and biggest semi precious gemstone beads manufacturer in India. If you are looking for best semi precious stones & branded Ladies Kurtis wholesaler & manufacturer then you are at the right place where you can export semi precious gemstones beads & ladies kurtis online from India at wholesale prices. Visit the link to know more -
Best Semi Precious Gemstone Beads Manufacturer & Exporter in India
Branded Ladies Kurtis Manufacturer, Supplier & Wholesaler in India

Post a Comment

Blog Archive