Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Cornucopia of Thanks from Dreamweaver Stencils


As Lynell is away with family for the Thanksgiving Day festivities, this is Pam once again sharing one of my creations for the holiday. Originally, we were being doubly challenged this week with a sketch design of either a round card, or a round panel on a card, along with the Thanksgiving theme. Since most of us here in the US, either entertain in a huge way or travel long distances for this holiday, I thought that I'd take pity on the girls and suggest that we just stick with a Thankful/Thanksgiving theme this week. However, I had already started my card with the circle sketch in mind, so I continued with it...somewhat. I had paste-embossed in Metallic Copper Embossing Paste the Cornucopia stencil on a circular cut kraft card. Once this was dry, I placed a sheet of Stampee Red Foil over the surface, placed it between a folded sheet of printer paper, and ran it through my hot laminator. The process adheres the foil perfectly to the pasted surface. I did change up the process with one detail. I crumpled up the piece of foil really well to break up the look of the foil on the copper paste, and give it a slightly aged appearance. I added to this by softly stamping a crackle finish around the edges with brown ink. I stenciled the sentiment from this stencil slightly overlapping the image with the same brown ink and embossed clear brown embossing powder over it for added shine. My dark brown card and fun plaid patterned paper finished off the warm and homey look that I was trying to achieve. Since the Dream Team have taken special time this week to inspire you with their Thanksgiving creations, be sure to check them out:


This team is a fabulous group to work with, and we would all love for you to join our team! The Dream Team call is open until November 30th for submissions. The term will start January 1st, 2012. All the info can be found in the post HERE. Meanwhile, please play along with us and post your own Thanksgiving creation and link it below.



9 comments:

Terrece said...

Wow!! Pam I love the effect of crumbling the foil first. I will have to give that one a try. Absolutely gorgeous. You are an inspiration.

sommrstamping said...

Pam... This is gorgeous. I love the technique you used with the foil. AS TERRECE said WOW you are an inspiration.

Kristi said...

Way cool and LOVE the stencil. Love the Stampee Foil over the paste. Great job!

Louise said...

Creative minds think alike! This is very cool Pam, I love the crumpled foil. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Wendy said...

I will have to try this technique soon. Do you use bonding powder to adhere the foil or it just melts into the paste? Anyways, fabulous card!

Anonymous said...

Pam-- a lovely card. Hope your Thanksgiving was peaceful.

Daria said...

Gorgeous card! Now I need hot laminator. That would be such an easy way to apply the foil. Could you tell me what kind you have? I like that you broke up the foil. Sometimes I prefer the cards I've made with all the scraps rather than a pristine piece of foil. It gives it a more earthy feel.

Thank you.
Daria

Laura Drahozal said...

This one is quite lovely, Pam. I would never have thought about that color combo, or foiling on top of the paste (did you use the glue as well?) or breaking up the foil, or stamping on it like you did! You taught me tons today. Thanks.

SherylH said...

Beautiful -- love the look of the foil over the copper paste. Also a big thank you to all the design team for the wonderful ideas and samples over the past year.

Post a Comment