See this great badge? This could be yours! How? By submitting your best artwork in our Design Team Call. Here's the info:
Dreamweaver Stencils’ Design Team Call out:
Beginning: November 1st, 2011
Ending: November 30th, 2011
New team members will be announced: December 8th, 2011
Term from January 1st, 2012 through December 31st, 2012
(first posting will be January 5th, 2012)
Do you dream in color? Do you dream in texture? Do you dream in fun? Then the Dreamweaver Stencils’ Dream Team wants YOU! We are looking for someone with an organized mind but still able to think outside the box…or in this case…the stencil.
Here is what we would require from you:
1) You must have a blog and be willing to post for Dreamweaver Stencils at least
once per week…on Thursdays usually. These posts must be live on time. We
understand that emergencies happen. Please let Pam know if you will not be
able to post that week. An inconvenience is not an emergency. If you know in
advance that you will be away, pre‐schedule your blog. If you need advice
regarding this, no problem.
2) You must be able to link your blog to a social network site such as FaceBook,
3) You must be willing to link your posts to at least one online site each week,
such as Split Coast Stampers, Two Peas in a Bucket, Paper Craft Planet, etc.
4) You must be willing to play with the once a month challenges (the first
Thursday of each month), which will include sketches, colorways,
inspirations, and dimensional items (boxes, frames, quilts, wall hangings,
furniture…anything other than a card). This challenge week will fulfill your
obligations for that week’s post.
5) You must be willing to submit your creations to online magazines, and paper
magazines in the industry at least two times per year. We understand that
whether you are published is at the whims of the editors, but we would like
some effort put forth in this, including emailing a copy of your submitted
design to Lynell and Pam.
6) You will be required to create samples for new release product, and
physically send them to Dreamweaver Stencils for use on sample boards,
industry and retail shows, sales reps, etc. Occasionally your samples can be
photographed and emailed. Many times you will receive your samples back
after they have been photographed for use.
7) Occasionally, you may receive new product for you to test and provide your
8) Your samples will be cards, scrap pages, and dimensional items. We want
crafters to see all the multiple ways stencils can be incorporated into their
projects. Your samples will need to demonstrate a variety of techniques and
products as well. Patterned papers, stamps, and embellishments from other
companies can be added, but the stencil designs MUST be the focus.
9) You must provide supply lists and instructions with each sample.
10) You will be expected to sign a form promising not to share any trade secrets
or new designs before release.
11) You are free to belong to other design teams as long as they are not direct
competitors of Dreamweaver Stencils.
Here is what you can expect from us:
1) We will provide you with a beginning “kit” including several stencil designs,
paste, Metallic F/X, Memories Mists, aluminum, tools, etc. Some of these
items you will be allowed to select your own designs, colors, etc.
2) With each new release, we will send you one each of the stencils designs, and
extras that we receive from various companies in the industry for you to play
with and incorporate into your samples. We will request that you give these
companies credit on your blogs, etc. for these items.
3) We will provide you with Lynell’s Tips and Techniques video as well as a
complete assortment of Technique Sheets. We do not expect you to know
these techniques from the start, but be willing to learn and expand your
4) Occasionally one of your creations may be used for a display board in stores.
You will be given the first opportunity to make the amount necessary and be
compensated in cash for your work. This is not expected, but gives you the
chance to earn a little extra.
5) Another reward opportunity will be available to you for being published in
any of the main industry magazines such as Paper Crafts, Just Cards, Scrap &
Stamps Arts, Stamper’s Sampler, etc. You will receive a “credit” to spend as
you would like on Dreamweaver Stencils and product.
6) You will be welcomed to the Dream Team Yahoo Group site which will give
you an opportunity to learn from the more experienced members of the
team, enjoy the fun of our stenciling “family”, and received updated bulletins
regarding team events. You will have your own “album” where you can
upload your designs for the rest of the team to see, and for Lynell or Pam to
possibly use in the weekly Dream It Up! Posts (yes, you will receive credit).
7) You will have a wholesale discount of 50% for purchase of other
Dreamweaver Stencils’ product for your use. If you are interested in teaching
locally, there are other ways that the company will be willing to help you so
that your classes are profitable for all. (See info on the requirements for the
Dreamweaver Stencils’ Teaching Team.)
8) We take great pride in our Dream Team members, so any opportunity that
we can help to promote you and your creativity will be made a priority. We
will keep an updated list of the latest editorial calendars for magazines on the
group site, or other challenges or opportunities you can go for. There will
also be a calendar in the Yahoo Group site for you to keep track of upcoming
deadlines and assignments.
This is what we need from you by December 1st, 2011:
1) Samples: at least two cards, one scrap page, and one dimensional item. At
least one item must be stenciled. We realize that many do not have much in
the way of stencils, so your creations may be completed in another papercrafting
technique (stamping). Your dimensional item does not need to be
mailed…just the flat pieces.
2) Photos of your samples. This is important as you will be posting each week
and your pictures need to be crisp, clean, clear, and well lit.
3) Name, address, phone number, email, and blog address. Your blog will be the
main view of you. Pay attention to spelling, grammar, and punctuation. We
don’t expect you to be an English teacher, but these items affect how others
perceive you and the Dreamweaver Stencils company as well.
4) A couple of paragraphs describing you…why you papercraft, how long have
you been crafting, have you stenciled before? Why do you want to be part of
the Dream Team? Why would you be a good addition?
Hopefully we have not scared you off with all these details. You will want to rely on
US and we will want to rely on YOU. If you have any questions, please feel free to
email Pam at email@example.com.
Please mail your samples by November 30th, 2011, to:
Dream Team 2012
1335 Cindee Lane
Colton, CA 92324
Email your personal info and photos to: