Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April Challenge:Bring on the Romance...Flowers and Weddings

Hey! I LOVE it that some of you are sending me some lovely creations for our April challenge (via my email lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com


The first card is from Rose S. She used a folder for her background and then stenciled the wisteria stencil (LG725) on top of the embossed brick wall. And then... even more amazingly (I say this because it is a bit tricky to paste-emboss on top of dry embossing), she was able to use the Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing Paste (DEPT)over the stenciled wisteria. Truly lovely card Rose! Thanks for playing along.








This second card is from Joy H. and she has used the double glitter technique. The daffodil stencil (LL428) can be a bit challenging, because it has those long delicate bridges between the leaves. If you are not careful the glitter can slide under those and blur the image. Obviously Joy did not have any problems...beautiful job! When I do this technique I use a natural soap (DHHS) and rub it all over the back of the stencil to avoid damage to my stencil sticking to the adhesive paper. If you are interested in the detailed instructions email me and I will send them to you. lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com The embellishments add that final touch to this lovely card.


I have reinserted mr. linky below, so if you would like to play along just link your creation and we will stop by to say hi and leave some love in the form of comments. And don't forget if you don't have a blog but would like to play just send your picture to my email address and I will blog it for you. This month you could win two stencils the LG712 floral heart wreath and LL565 Thank You Script:



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great projects! Love the garden wall look of the first card. Great colors on the second.

Louise said...

Wow Rose and Joy both of these are so beautiful! Rose I love the brick behind the wisteria, very nice look. Joy, that daffodil is fabulous, well done!

Joy H said...

Love your wisteria Rose - I have never seen that embossing folder - will have to look out for it. My jaw also dropped when I linked to Lyn's butterfly card - stunning!!!!

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

I love the brick behind the one card and the colors are fab on the other! Great job from both "players!"

Laura Drahozal said...

Very pretty cards, ladies! Lots of fun layers!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive