Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Zensdays....a Duo Tangle

What is a duo tangle? This is a term coined by Laura Harms of "iamthedivaczt" fame for using only two tangles in your tangleation. And this week she has challenged her readers to use cubine and pokeroot. (These are both tangles by Sandy Bartholomew.) Click HERE to see what Laura has created and if you get inspired join in the fun by linking your creation to her blog. (BTW...I love that Rosemarie from Nova Scotia did her first sten-tangle on a dragon last week and posted it on the Dreamweaver Stencils Facebook enthusiast page.) If you need to know how to create these two tangles there is more information and links on Laura's site to get you going. I have always loved cubine, but for more inspiration Laura directed us to a tutorial on Margaret Bremner's blog and that gave me more insight on the different ways that cubine can be done. So I created this sampler:


PLUS...this week I am using a different type of pen....in honor of my loyal employee Jennifer Davey. As we  have ended our stint of transitioning to Stampendous I have gotten a bit sad about saying goodbye. Jennifer has been with Dreamweaver for more than twenty years and she has always given positive feedback on my creations, on one condition, as long as they involve the color blue. (OK...so that's a bit of an exaggeration, but anyone that knows her can testify that she loves the color blue.) Today, with this sentiment in mind,  I did my entire duo tangle sampler with a pen she uses every day in the office. It was a bit on the wet side, so I did some of the shading with the blue gelly roll pen from Sakura and a darker blue Prisma Color pencil as well. Over the years I have even convinced her she should create her Christmas cards once in awhile using stencils, and she agreed to try it as long as they included....you guessed it...the color blue. LOL!!! Thanks Jennifer for all the fun and stability you have added to the business over the years. I will miss your daily smile and upbeat attitude that has greeted us here everyday. You are the best! And because we live in the same town...it's definitely not goodbye.

For more inspiration on cubine and pokeroot go to Wayne's Flickr site by clicking HERE to see his duo tangle for this week's diva challenge.

With regard to inspirations...thank you Maggiebee for inspiring me to get busy and learn something new. This past week I joined a hand knitting group so I can eventually knit something for our grandbaby when he arrives in July. I learned that I knit in the continental style and that bad habits are hard to break, because I have been twisting my purl stitches. LOL! So once again practice makes progress and not perfection! I am determined! 

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow to see what the design team is doing with all the Springtime goodness flowing from their creative fingertips! And think about using a stencil and joining in the stencil challenge...you could win a stencil of your choosing!

15 comments:

Anne's tangle blog said...

That's a huge tribute to Jennifer; great to know GREAT people. I like your tiles and also the BLUE in it :-)

Unknown said...

I really enjoy this tile. It's like a cubine, pokeroot study. Nice job.

ionabunny said...

Hi Lynne, enjoyed taking the time this morning to read your post. Love the tangles. Very much like 'practice makes progress and not perfection'. I have recently been trying to embrace my imperfections. It's handmade, why should it be perfect. That little twist is uniquely you, enjoy. Good luck with the knitting. I never seem to have enough fingers to hold everything in place and at the right tension. Maybe I too should try again.... Hugz

Unknown said...

I like your tile with these wonderful variations of cubine! The colour is nice :-)

Unknown said...

I love your blue tile. It's lovely.

Unknown said...

I like this tile with for parts.

SuzyMosh said...

Love the four in one!

Tangles and More said...

Nice variations on ways to combine these two tangles.

Betsy Wilson CZT14 said...

I think Jennifer is on to something...that blue looks terrific! Nice sampler with great variations.

Holly {ha! designs} said...

I really like all the variations you created! LOVELY! The blue is a very nice addition too!

Viki Banaszak said...

Love the tiles! Good luck with the knitting. I took up crochet when I was pregnant. I never got the hang of knitting though.

Ilse said...

They're all lovely creations! Good work.

Anonymous said...

Lynne, Great tribute of blue to Jennifer. Beautiful ways of using these two tangles together! Good luck on your knitting!

jeanchaneyaz said...

It is difficult to let go of people who make our daily existence more enjoyable. At least you will always be able to remember good times whenever you see blue. That composition looks lovely in blue.

LezliB said...

I love your 4 in 1 tile and the blue is a wonderful tribute to your friend. What a precious friendship!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive