Thursday, March 19, 2015

MARCHing Into Spring: Week Three

Ready for fresh air, sunshine, new leaves, and flowers blooming? Well, the Dream Team is right there with you! Our challenge for the month of March is...coincidentally...Marching into Spring. Per usual, we'd love to have you play along with us, and link your own creations to the Inlinkz tool on the Dream It Up! blog, or at the bottom of this post. Play as many times as you'd like. Those of you who work Dreamweaver and/or Stampendous products into your projects receive bonus points, but everyone has an opportunity to be the winner who receives the stencil of their choice.

Here's my hint of Spring...and a picture of my inspiration. Don't you just love the fresh spring color? I do love Spring... in fact we are having a thunderstorm right now. Yep...even in So. California we get rain occasionally.
Green spider mums have always been one of my favorite flowers. I've always seen them potted and not growing in a garden, but I'll take them in any shape or form.  




This is one of the most simple cards I've ever done. The spider mum stencil (LJ892) is quickly dry embossed through my embossing machine. Remember the stacking method: the thick white plate (if you are using the Big Shot white plate...the two tabs should follow along behind and not be folded under the white plate), the stencil face down, the paper (spray it with rubbing alcohol for more definition), the thick rubber mat (REM), then two acrylic plates (if you are using the Cuttlebug it should be the two "B" acrylic plates). Now send this stack through your Big Shot or Cuttlebug. The paper is Core-dinations- a black with a bright green core. After it's dry embossed I just sanded the embossing to discover the green core. But to give it that little extra something I used a Sakura florescent green pen from their Moonlight set and outlined the design. It took a matter of minutes to create and the actual card construction even less time. So this type of card is wonderful for that last minute occasion that makes a hand crafted creation so special.

Also want to inform those of you that enjoy taking Dreamweaver classes that Wayne and I will be teaching at The Stamp Art Shoppe in Roseville, CA on March 26 and 27. I think the classes there are full, but call or email to see if there is a possible opening.



Then today I took samples to the local store in Redlands, CA called Cracker Jacks. One daytime class on the 23rd of April and one evening class on May 5th. Call the store at 909 793-2200 for availability and details. Here are a couple samples of the class projects.

We will be paste-embossing on background papers, layering stencils, one-step cloisonné and cracked glass with a twist.

Now please take some extra time to leave a comment or two and visit the dream team to see their interpretations of "a hint of spring"!






Dream It Up! (you're here)




12 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

All three cards are gorgeous! Love the sanded spider mum and how fast it went together. TFS your samples...great idea to paste over pattern paper.

Pam Hornschu said...

Love you r spider mum card! So pretty with the Core paper.

Mynn xx said...

Thank you for the fun challenge and the absolutely STUNNING DT work for added inspiration! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

rose s. said...

they're beautiful - luv that pear!!!

Karen Petitt said...

Thanks for another fun challenge and for sharing the gorgeous DT inspirations with us Karen x

Viki Banaszak said...

I gotta tell ya, I am in LOVE with that pear! It is gorgeous. Obviously my favorite. I'm not sure if it's the coloring or the crackling or both. Probably both. LOL

Suzanne Fluhr said...

These are all simply beautiful. You're introducing me too an art form I have yet to explore. Unfortunately, you are about 3,000 miles away from where I hang out --when I'm not in Turkey, Israel or Spain. ;-)

Suzanne Fluhr said...

These are all simply beautiful. You're introducing me too an art form I have yet to explore. Unfortunately, you are about 3,000 miles away from where I hang out --when I'm not in Turkey, Israel or Spain. ;-)

Maryanne said...

I love green spider mums too! Your card is beautiful and thanks for the tutorial for using stencils as embossing plates. I didn't know all the components of the "sandwich".

Rosy Newlun said...

How gorgeous! I've never heard of this technique, esp spraying with alcohol first. Can't wait to try it.

Unknown said...

Love your projects. Thanks for sharing and thank you for being part of the blog.

Unknown said...

Love your projects. Thanks for sharing and thank you for being part of the blog.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive