Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Thinking of You! on Zensdays

Laura's diva challenge this week, #211, was slowed down just a bit by a much more important challenge in her life...the necessity of taking care of her littlest one. After a very stressful trip on the way to a routine doc appointment for Artoo her dear one ended up sick in the ER in Calgary...many miles from home. In spite of this she has taken time to give us the challenge to do either Rick's version of flux or Maria's version of the same tangle. Read more about these founder's of Zentangle and their information regarding this original tangle and how it has evolved by clicking HERE. If you would like to join the challenge click HERE to find out more and link your creation.

I chose Rick's version of the tangle FLUX...somehow it just seemed to click for me. Adding a few zingers and the Florz background seems to bring it all together. I am just now noticing that "one of these leaves is not like the others...one of these leaves is just not the same"(humming the song), however I'm not too worried, because in light of our special friends' weekend visits to the hospital, in the grand scheme of things ...it's a picky thing and really doesn't matter. BTW to see Wayne's cool creation on his Flickr site click HERE.

For those of you who know Pam H., the head of the Dreamweaver Stencils design team, please send some love her way in the form of a comment on her latest blog HERE. She was in a nasty car accident last Friday and is in a load of pain. She is now home after two nights in the hospital. Thinking of you, Pammie, and Artoo as you both heal.

20 comments:

Betsy Wilson CZT14 said...

Your rounded florz makes such a nice backdrop for flux!

ionabunny said...

That's really pretty. Love how you combined the two tangles. Hugz

Unknown said...

I love your interpretation of flux and, growing up the rounded florz, it makes me wish we had a bit less snowcovered ground so I could get out and plant my peas :-)
Very nice work! (Wayne's too, but I can't comment on flicker so just give him a "Great job" for me).

Ilse said...

Great choice of patterns!

Tangles and More said...

Like your Flux rambling up the Florz trellis.

HeidiSue said...

Ooh pretty! It is like pea plants, climbing up a trellis. Very springlike. i love it!

Anne's tangle blog said...

A very beautiful combination of these three tangles!!

Antonine said...

I love the fresh, open look to this! The shading on Florz gives a nice dimension and your curved lines and Zingers make it seem the Flux are growing right before our eyes. Plus, I think you should say you left the one leaf open on purpose. It's an artist wink!

Unknown said...

I like your flux with the nice zingers at the top and the background with Florz is lovely!
Your tile looks wonderful :-)

Viki Banaszak said...

I love your tile! Mine always seem to look like a 2 yr old did them. zzsigh....

Duchess said...

Nicely done. I like the background behind the flux.

Anonymous said...

Love how you made this into a beautiful garden.

jeanchaneyaz said...

I have a friend who always sends me tangles and challenges me to find her "mistakes". Now you've got me singing. Thanks, she says sarcastically LOL! I really like the Florz as a background. I actually prefer tiles that look like they were composed rather than randomly filled in, and yours does that. Lovely!

Gloria j Zucaro said...

Wow! What a beautiful"showers" project. I have never done embossing and would love to. The Flux & Florz tangle is also superb. Thanks for steps for each project and for commenting on my blog.

Anne's tangle blog said...

Thanks for your (always kind) comment on my blog. You were wondering what I used for the soft green; I used a pastel pencil.
Happy Easter!

Dragonfly-Artz said...

I love Florz in the background and Zinger flowing from Flux. Beautiful tile. Wayne's tile is beautiful also. I am ready for spring.

My thoughts are with Artoo and Pam.

Kerstin said...

Another beautiful Flux tile and I just prefer Ricks Flux, too. Beautiful adding of Zinger at the tops - looks a lot like spring. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog - I had to edit it, because I couldn`t answer on it. I hope that`s no problem for you.

Lot of greetings from germany and join this Easter Monday,
Kerstin

dianeclancy said...

I love this Lynell!! This is such a beautiful garden picture!! :) Thank you for your visit!

My friend Carolien and I are starting a new weekly challenge you might like. It starts Wed. Details at http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/diane-caroliens-weekly-zentangle-challenge

~ Diane Clancy
http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/04/my-diva-flux-challenge-entry




Annet said...

Love the background of your Flux!

hungrycorgistudio said...

A lovely tile. Very spring like and looks like it's alive and verdant.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive