Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday's Dream Schemes



This striking card was put together by Marj Marion, a teacher for Art 'N Soul in Olympia, WA. 

It is very easy to make. The "steampunk" or gears stencil (LJ 911) was paste embossed on a piece of silver metallic linen weave cardstock using the Dreamweaver Stencils Glossy Black Embossing Paste (DGKP). When it was dry it was then die cut into the shape you see and double mounted with another glossy black paper that was also die cut into the same shape. The "sprocket" title was then mounted and the metal sprockets were added as an embellishment.

Thanks Marj, for sending me this card and if anyone else wants to see their work posted here I would love to do it for you. You can email it to me at lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com or you can link your blog using Mr. Linky below. Follow the team this week as they share their creations. You can easily navigate to their blogs by clicking their names on the sidebar at the right.

6 comments:

Laura Drahozal said...

I really like that black color on color look with this stencil. It is a great stencil, Lynell. I had so much fun working with it.

Kristi said...

love love love love love it!

Pam Hornschu said...

Marj's cards are amazing. I was able to see them in person at CHA. Fabulously creative! Oh...and the stencils are nice, too! Lol.

sommrstamping said...

Love this card that Marj did, I love the gears stencil it's fabulous.

Marijane said...

Great Steampunk stencil! I love the vintage look and just about anything Tim Holtz, and this would be a perfect stencil to add to my stash. Great look Marj, using the black paste, and a perfect masculine card! I always am a bit perplexed when creating cards for men.

Wendy said...

This is awesome Marj!! Super cool choice for the stencil.

Post a Comment