Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Kristi Van Doren used two different techniques on this Valentine. The Happy Valentine's Day stencil (LM241) was effectively yet simply done by paste-embossing the Glossy Black Embossing Paste (DGKP) onto the coral pink cardstock and the upper part of the card was done with the double sided mounting paper (MPDS), this paper is sometimes referred to as JAC paper and the Oval Lace Doily stencil (LJ836) using the double glitter technique. Remember to smooth the natural Hawaiian Handmade Soap (DHHS) onto the back of the doily stencil so that it will not attach to the sticky mounting paper and bend your stencil. If you have little crumbs of soap in the holes of the stencil use a large 3/4" stencil brush (NHB-3/4") to rub the soap out of the holes and make it smoother on the back of the stencil. A silver glitter was sprinkled all over the exposed sticky paper and once the stencil was removed the lace area was filled in with a beautiful red coral glitter. The lace border divided the two techniques for a unique embellishment to finish the card. If you are interested in the instructions for the Double Glitter Technique email me at email@example.com.
Posted by Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils at 3:11 AM
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (77)
- ► 2012 (109)
- Thursday's Dream Scheme's/ A lovely sketch from Te...
- Thursday's Dream Schemes/Free Challenge Today!
- Welcome to the Virtual Valentine's Day Blog Hop......
- A Portion of our Blog Candy for Tomorrow...
- Virtual Valentine's Day Blog Hop!
- Valentine's Day is just around the corner: Think "...
- Thursday's Dream Schemes/The Valentine "Bunny" ???...
- Double Glitter Valentine
- Heart Cards this Week
- Pretty Pink Valentine
- Valentine's Day is on it's Way!
- Thursday's Dream Schemes/Challenge Yourself
- ▼ February (12)