Thursday, July 12, 2012

INSPIRING CHALLENGES AND CLASSIC SUMMER

Last week we kicked off our monthly challenge with July's Summertime Fun! Every Thursday morning I love going from team member to team member's blogs to see what they have created. And team member Cherylynn Moser used the ice cream cone stencil (LM183)..if you haven't already done it you'll have to drop by her blog (click here) to see her creation from last week, because it inspired me to go through my team archives and find this card. I LOVE this stencil and of course as I am getting ready to head to CHA I have been packing like a fiend so haven't had a minute to spare to do a fun summer creation. So I decided to post a card that team member Pam Hornschu did some time ago with the same stencil. Let's hear it for classic summer stencils. YAY! 


Thanks Cherylynn for the inspiration and thanks Pam for all the great designwork you send our direction! 


Here in her own words is how Pam created this Classic Summer Creation:


The Ice-cream Cone stencil was run through my Big Shot to emboss the image. I replaced the stencil over the top and added shading and detail to the cones using chalks. Then I applied the embossing paste over the ice cream portions, but instead of smoothing the surface, I left it fluffy. Who wants flat ice-cream? When it was dry, I sponged Brilliance inks over the fluffy surface and applied glitter. The sentiment at the bottom was embossing pasted and sponged with the same Brilliance colors when dry. Don't you want a nice big bowl of frosty ice-cream right now? Mmmmm. Hope all of you are having a wonderful summer so far!


Now if you would like to join the challenge just create something that shouts "SUMMERTIME", then link up to mr. linky below and we will pop by and view your summer magic! If you don't have a blog but would like to join our fun, just email your design to me at: lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com and when I get back from CHA on the 23rd I will post it that week.


Here is a sneak peek of one of the stencils that we are presenting to the retailers at CHA Summer (our bi-yearly trade show). And you could win this stencil if you join our challenge. We are giving away two. A #1 prize to the person who best interprets the challenge and #2 winner for best use of Dreamweaver products. So see?....you don't even have to use Dreamweaver products (of course we are thrilled when you do.)


And don't forget to visit the other team member's blogs listed on the side bar for more summertime inspiration.



2 comments:

Pam Hornschu said...

Hmmm. This looks familiar! Thanks for posting my card!

Louise said...

These look scrumptious ! Love the colors, very summery!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive