Thursday, June 28, 2012

Art Institute Glitter Challenge


 AND


ARE TEAMING UP THE ENTIRE MONTH OF JUNE TO BRING YOU AN AMAZING CREATIVE COLLABORATION MIXING DREAMWEAVER STENCILS AND ART GLITTER. COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE...WE PROMISE IT WILL BE A SPARKLING ONE!

Visit the Art Glitter blog and the Dream It Up! blog for fabulous inspiration from both talented design teams. We are encouraging all of you to play along with the challenge of creating with Dreamweaver Stencils and Art Glitter*, preferably using the Double-Glitter Technique with a wedding theme. Just link your creation to the Mr. Linky on the Dream It Up! blog, or email pics to lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com, for an opportunity to win one of four fabulous glitter and stencil prize packages. One winner will be chosen each week. (US and Canada only, please).



It has been such a busy month here at Dreamweaver. I just got back from doing a teaching tour on the west coast. Met so many nice customers and had such a great time. Fell in love with the Redwoods in California, the Oregon Coast and went almost all the way to Canada. I would love to do it again soon. My next teaching trip is mid July in Michigan. I will be teaching at My Craft room in Troy, Michigan, Stampeddler in Northville, Michigan and Altered Art Addicts in Jackson, Michigan. Starting on July 20-21 and 22 respectively. Contact your closest store for exact times.


I know it has been a busy month for everyone else as well...but I want to thank all of you have played along. This week Nathalie Fournier from Canada is our winner and will be receiving our stencil pack. Very creative Nathalie, love how each bird is a different color of glitter...just send me your snail mail address and we will send you the stencils (lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com)



There are just a few more days of our challenge, so don't forget to play along! And remember you can email me your creation (lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com) to play along and I will post it for you if you don't have a blog or if you do have a blog you can post to mr. linky below...








I am so excited about the post for today. It starts with a beautiful card that I received from my friend Elaine Benedict in North Carolina. I loved her card so much that I did a variation on it with Art Glitter. She paste-embossed the Art Nouveau stencil (LX7015) with Dreamweaver Metallic Silver Embossing Paste (DSP) and as soon as she removed the stencil she sprinkled the wet paste with a transparent glitter. The letter "B" stencil (LS-B) was then paste-embossed with the Dreamweaver Glossy Black Embossing Paste (DGKP). She simply yet elegantly put the card together with touches of pink embellishments...the bow, the mounting of cardstock behind the letter, and the one crystal. These little touches make the card sing.




The following three cards were done by CASEing her beautiful card. 


I used Dreamweaver Metallic Gold Embossing Paste on these first two cards ....






and Metallic Silver Embossing Paste on this blue card: 


The glitter I used on all three of these cards was by ART Glitter and is actually a transparent glitter called "Mystery" (306). What I did to accent the different colors of paste is to sprinkle the glitter onto the wet paste, then waited until it was "bone" dry and using my new paste spreader tool I scraped across the dry glitter. This scraping process was repeated more than once and removed enough of the transparent glitter so that the beauty of the metallic pastes were revealed. I challenge you to give this a try. ART Glitter has soooo many different transparent glitters that the possibilities are mind boggling. 


These cards could be used for wedding invitations, or thankyous for wedding gifts using the initial of a new married name or Congrats cards or a gift card or or.... Or not wedding at all... Thank you for your inspiration Elaine!



For more inspiration from the Art Glitter design team, please visit their blog for a complete list of players throughout the month.

For more inspiration from the Dream Team, here's the blog list for this week:


*For the month of June Art Glitter is selling 1 oz jars of glitter for $5.98 (regular price $7.32)! Get the deets HERE!






10 comments:

Liz Martin said...

This stencil is one of my many favorites and the technique fits it to a tee. Clean and simple and elegant can't get any better.

Alison said...

What a beautiful set of cards! I finally got to play along this month! Great challenge!

rose s. said...

congrats nathalie - your card is awesome :)

sommrstamping said...

WOW Elaines Card is so beautiful and the 3 that your did are not bad either Lynell (LOL). I think I'm going to have to try this also.

Pam Hornschu said...

Congrats to Nathalie on her fabulous design win! As usual, Elaine's creativity knows no bounds! Lynell's versions with the Mystery glitter are gorgeous as well!

JD/ Jill said...

All are beatiful cards! Congratulations to Natalie, and Elaine...your card isso Awesome! and Lynell great case, it's amazing with using the same stencil how different all these cards look...

Laura Drahozal said...

Gorgeous cards! I love this beautiful stencil. What a great way to use it!

Terrece said...

What a great challenge and a great technique you came up with. This was a wonderful collaboration. All the cards have been very inspirational. I have collected so many ideas. My mom loves these. Now I will have to make her some stationary with her initial!!!

Ava Gavloski said...

Ladies: I found you thru a blog hop from your team of designers and I am very happy I met the team!!! The stencils are beautiful and as you know the Art glitter is like silk running thru your fingers.

Louise said...

These are all fabulous. I love how the same glitter can look so different depending on how it is used! Nathalie that background is wonderful!

Post a Comment