Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday's Dream Schemes/Colorway Challenge- Pink & Black

This week is another colorway challenge...my fave challenge of the month you know! Marj Marion from Art n Soul in Olympia is the creator of this darling bird inspired card. In fact Marj was the one that really encouraged us to do a stencil of "bird words" (LG734) as you see in her sample.  This card isn't difficult...just takes a bit of time, so if you are a beginning "paster" give it a try. She paste-embossed both the bird words and the fine feathered friends stencil (LM2009) with the Dreamweaver Glossy Black Embossing Paste (DGKP) and the bird cage (LL3012) was paste-embossed with the Pearlescent Embossing Paste (DPP). The two black birds on the cage were little die cut birds as were the to white birds on the right...these embellishments were die cut on a glossy card stock and then glued onto the card.


As I was trying to decide on what to post this week I discovered that I have several cards done in pink and black, so this week I am going to try (operative word here is "TRY") to post everyday for a week with pink and black....and as I do so I will leave you some encouragement to try out for the Dreamweaver Design Team.  We will be putting out a call in another week with details on what we need from you.


You are probably wondering what it means to belong to a design team...when I put out my initial call over a year ago, two or three of the people who answered the challenge didn't even know how to blog. But they came on board and became bloggers. YAY!!! They are  proof evident that it can be done. LOL!


If you are interested in playing along this week with our colorway challenge sign up on Mr. Linky below, or email me one of your pink and black creations and I will post it this coming week. Be sure to visit the rest of the design team listed on the sidebar at the right for more pink and black inspiration.

5 comments:

sommrstamping said...

Lynell I love this card that Marj did. I must use my bird stencils more often.

Wendy said...

This is beautiful!! I am such a sucker for pink & black!! I can't wait to see your daily pink & black posts!! Have a great week!

Liz Martin said...

This is surely is inspiration for using more than one stencil in a card. Maybe we should have a challenge for that. Can't wait to see the rest of this week's posts.

Pam Hornschu said...

Unique use of the bird stencils! Gotta love pink and black!

Louise said...

Wow Marj, this is awesome! I never would have thought to use the whole Bird Words stencil, I'm always looking at just part of it. This card is wonderful!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive