Thursday, August 28, 2014

August as an Adjective: +2 more winners for the Woodware Blog hop



MAY ARTS RIBBON (RA09) wired....+ New stencil jellyfish (LG758)
Well, it is the last week of our August as an Adjective challenge! The team has been doing some very dignified work and some of you have braved the challenge and shared some most "august" cards and scrapbook layouts. THANK YOU! AND...you have a couple more days to post for the challenge. Last week we announced two of our Woodware blog hop winners and told you to check back for the reveal of two more ....chosen by the Woodware team....to see the reveal scroll to the bottom of this post.

Today I am continuing my work with the Color Solution Alcohol Ink backgrounds....inspired by my work a couple of weeks ago (colors used are iceberg, noble fir and a touch of sugarplum)...see my tutorial HERE. Then I am introducing this new stencil which is a MOST "august" sea creature (LG758) extraordinaire....the jellyfish! In creating the card I read up a bit on this miraculous critter and discovered that they aren't always painful to humans. This one isn't dangerous at all!!!

This card was so simply done. Molten Magic is a technique that is one of my favorites when teaching beginners how to work with the embossing pastes. I began by paste-embossing on top of the aquatic colored cardstock using the Pearlescent Embossing Paste (DPP). While this paste is still wet I sprinkled three colors of Metallic F/X (glacier, pixie blush and gold dust). The next step is to tap off the excess powder and while it is still wet (this won't work if it's dry) heat the entire design with a very hot heat gun. ( I have several Ranger heat guns which I absolutely love for most of my heat work, but this needs to be done with a HOT gun like a Marvy or Milwaukee heat gun.) One reason I like the Ranger gun is that it gives an even heat and isn't super LOUD!!! But for this one you need to bring on the "big guns". For the final touch, once the design is dry and bubbled take a Swiffer dust cloth and sweep up the excess powders from your background then you are ready to embellish with the shells, sand, May Arts Ribbon (RA09), etc.




You won't find the jellyfish stencil quite yet in your favorite store, but if you are traveling to Hawaii I will be using this design and technique in a class on Oahu and selling him at the Hawaii Woman Expo at the Neal Blaisdell Center September 5-7. Email if you are wanting more information regarding the class or show hours...hope to see you there: lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com







TWO MORE WINNERS FROM THE WOODWARE BLOG HOP:

Remember I said Dorothy Adam, leader of the Woodware team, would be choosing another winner from their blogs across the pond. Well she chose two just as we did and here they are! 

Julie Staves 
Elena Chamberlain

email me your snail mail addys and we will get your stencil/die packet out to you post haste!

Now take time to visit the team listed below to see what August as an Adjective means to them. And come back and join our challenge...this is a good month to give it a try...not too many have joined the challenge, so the odds are in your favor of being our random winner. Sign up with inlinkz before September 1.




9 comments:

Pam Hornschu said...

Love the texture of the MM technique on the new Jellyfish, as well as the strings hanging at the bottom.

Janice K said...

Wow! This is a stunning design. I love the atmospheric inked background, you've captured the flow of water so well and the the colours/texture on the jellyfish are beautiful. x

Unknown said...

This is fantastic, really love the jellyfish and the background is so perfect.
Thanks to Lynell and Dorothy for picking me out as 1 of the blog hop prizes, feel very honoured.

Jane W said...

I love the alcohol ink background - must have a go!

Alison said...

I LOVE that we did the same technique, using basically the same materials! The jellyfish looks fantastic when it is so pearly, and I adore your background. Great minds, and all! ;)

Viki Banaszak said...

Your jellyfish card is stunning! I love it!

Unknown said...

Wow - who would have thought I would fall for a jelly fish...but this is a superb design and perfect for the magic molten techniques- defiantly one of my fave' techniques. Delighted for Julie Staves as a winner...I know she will put her prize to very good use.

JD/ Jill said...

This card is stunning! I really like all the colors that you used...and the technique...just perfect for this stencil!

ionabunny said...

That jellyfish is gorgeous. Have fun in Hawaii. Congrats to the lucky winners

Post a Comment

Blog Archive