Wednesday, July 9, 2014
I have had so much fun with this sketch this past week. Remember I told you I was going crazy with this new Tree line die (DG745). Today I had a super busy day, but this evening I had time to play. I was actually inspired by our Banner Day Facebook creation by Gill Wilson. I know mine doesn't look anything like hers...she used soft tones and a finger dauber, but it reminded me that I hadn't played with the Color Solution Alcohol Inks in ages, so I pulled them out and started playing. The leaves on the trees were done with Lemoncello and Pumpkin on glossy cardstock. The tree trunks were done on flat cardstock using Citron and Creme Bruleé. The thank you stencil (LG691) was stenciled onto the mid size of our new nested ovals, with dark brown and dark blue inks. For the sky background I used my largest stencil brush and used varying shades of aqua and turquoise from a Tsukineko Kaleidacolor ink pad called Calypso...I started light and then kept adding another color and each layer of brushing made the variegated look, this just takes a bit of patience. Glued it all together and there you have it another evening of Creative Craziness.
Thursday I will be back using another one of our new dies. If you have any questions leave it in the comments and I will try to answer it here. Leave a comment for a chance to win this new die...I will be choosing a winner and posting it on Thursday. Thanks for all your time and lovely comments this week.
Posted by Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils at 1:00 AM
- Dreamweaver Stencils ...."To Die For"
- Dreamweaver Stencils are to Die for/ Plus...we hav...
- Graduation Owl:Learning from Experience
- Happy Birthday Leah!
- Nesting Owl Dies/Paper Piecing on Embossing Paste ...
- You Are My Sunshine (TUTORIAL...at last)
- Using Your Dies with Embossing Paste
- Following the Thread of Your Idea: Making a Die-St...
- "tiny owl" die....
- Owls to Die for.../ Continuing the Die Challenge
- Combining Our Metal Stencils with Our Dies/ And We...
- The Craziness Continues/Last Verse of this Sketch ...
- For My Mom/Make a Wish
- HELLO...tree line die (DG745)!
- Same Sketch...Third Verse....!!! Tree Line Die
- Double Glitter Technique/Video
- Celebrate the Fourth of July with Lots of Glitter!...
- July Challenge:Dreamweaver Stencils to Die For/Plu...
- ▼ July (18)
- ► 2013 (77)
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (78)