Welcome to another "Dream-Pendous" week of inspiration! The Stampendous team and the Dreamweaver team are collaborating once again with all the fun toys in both team's arsenal. Of course, as usual, there will be great prizes available for those who comment throughout this week. In face there will be three prize packages available to win. Each will have a great selection of Dreamweaver Stencils and Stampendous images and dies...one of which being the new "Blossom Beauty" face image as shown on the badge above.
Here is my creation for today:
Pam here again! I've had so much fun this week creating for both my blog and the Dream It Up! blog, and today's creation is no exception. So, let's get to it!
I covered the white canvas front and back with a coating of Beacon Fast Finish Decoupage, which was quickly dry. On the back, I traced a square and used my craft knife and a metal edge to cut out the square shape, turning my canvas into a frame.
I squirted a mix of inks and paints onto my Stampendous Creative Palette, blended them a bit, spritzed them with water, and placed my canvas on top...smooshing it a bit before placing it face up and blotting excess paint and ink away. I spritzed the surface with some rubbing alcohol, which caused the colors to move a bit, and left it to dry.
Using the Dreamweaver Nouveau Wisteria stencil, I mixed acrylic paints and stenciled color onto the canvas. I used my handy-dandy Picasso tool to mask off areas for more direct coloring. I also applied the paint to the Blossom stamp that comes with the Blossom Beauty, and stamped it onto the canvas. When dry, I brushed some watered down paint over it.
Now I paste-embossed the Egrets stencil in Glossy White onto the canvas. (Hint...as the center of the canvas has no support, I placed a large acrylic block under it.) Once this was dry, I used the watered down paint once again to shade the background around the birds and make them stand out a bit more.
I mounted a section of cork paper on chipboard, and stamped it with the Stampendous Blossom Beauty face in black. I placed the Dreamweaver Leafy Branch over the surface and ink stenciled it using Rich Cocoa Memento ink. I painted a bit of detail on the facial features and set it aside.
The Wander Lost stamp from Stampendous was stamped with purple ink onto the frame. The face panel was adhered from behind the canvas, and the project was complete!
Please visit the team's players for our final day, and leave comments as you go!