Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday's Dream Schemes/ A Bloomin' Spring

My favorite time of year is just around the corner! So we hope you'll help us celebrate Sprintime in advance by joining our Bloomin' Spring theme. 

Our challenge for the month of March can of course be interpreted in a variety of ways. This month we have two different holidays to celebrate. Feel free to join our challenge by designing a card for either St. Patrick's Day or Easter and if you are adventuresome why not put in two submissions  and increase your chances of being our random winner. If your name is pulled from the hat you will have an opportunity of choosing your favorite stencil design. 

Also there are all kinds of flowers to create with and if they are not blooming in our flower beds then we might as well make them come alive on our paper creations ....Right? Just link up with mr. linky below and if you don't have a blog please feel free to email me a picture of your creation at lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com and I will post your creation here on my site. I have been traveling a bit more than usual lately, so it may not go up right away but I will put forth every effort to get it up this month.

The card I am posting today is one that I showed on the UK Create and Craft TV show while I was there in February. I did a segment on Zentangling with stencils and showcased Suzanne McNeill's book Zentangle 6. This card was a joint effort with my husband Wayne. I paste embossed three different stencils... the happy birthday (LM285)and the tall vase (LM196) were done with metallic gold embossing paste (DGP). Then the serendipity flower design (LG709) was paste-embossed with matte black embossing paste (DMBP). Once these images were completely dried Wayne tangled the pattern on the vase with an amalgamation of Zentangle inspired art patterns using an 01 micron pen by Sakura. Then I used a metallic gold pen and embellished the matte black paste on the flower design. If you are a beginner to using the pens on the metallic pastes it can be a bit challenging. My recommendation is to begin by practicing directly on cardstock. Wayne uses 140# hot press watercolor paper because he often adds shading to his Zentangle tiles. If it seems overwhelming find a store that offers classes. Wayne teaches at a local rubber stamp store in Claremont California called 'Stamp Your Heart Out' and he is a certified Zentangle Teacher. There are many of them out there and they would love to share with you how it's done.

Now take a few minutes to visit the team's blogs and if you happen to be in the Southern California area this weekend I will be demonstrating at the Carson Rubber Stamp Show, March 9 and 10, so perhaps we will see you there.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous! You two have again produced another outstanding card.

Pam Hornschu said...

You two make a pretty good team! So graphic and elegant!

Laura Drahozal said...

Elegant and beautiful. I love the Zentangling on paste!

Louise said...

Wow, great card! I love the combo of stencils and, of course, the zentangle on the vase was the perfect finishing touch!

cathy said...

LJ 919 Art nouveau flourish is the stencil I would like to win. (not sure if this is the right place to comment)

JD/ Jill said...

Another fabulous card created by the two of you. So many neat details.

Post a Comment