Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Thanks for Joining the Challenge JOY!!!

I am always so thrilled when someone sends me an email with a beautiful card attached to join our monthly challenges. October Challenge is Festively Fall and our November Challenge will be "The Holidays CAS (Clean and Simple)".

Our winner this month will get to choose any Dreamweaver Stencil that they desire. We are choosing two winners. One for best interpretation of the challenge and one for best usage of Dreamweaver Stencils products.


Joy Hauck is from Alberta, Canada and she told me in her note that this card creation is representative of the beautiful sunrises and sunsets they have been having in her area this October.

She dry embossed the bare tree background stencil (LJ849) and then left the stencil in position to stencil the sky with a variety of 6 or 7 distress inks. To insure that it was moist she daubed it with a clear ink or versamark ink pad.  Then removed the stencil and sprinkled this wet ink with clear embossing powder and heated it.

The embossing powder created a resist and allowed her to ink the trees with a tombow black ink marker and wipe any excess ink off of the sky.

The sentiment is by Quietfire Designs rubber stamp company and continues on into the inside of the card.

Here is a picture of the inside:


So please consider joining us by linking on mr. linky HERE. And if you don't have a way of linking your creation, just send it to me like Joy did...tell me a bit how you created it (or else I will guess)  and I will post it for you.

Also this month we are doing a cross promo...working with Tim Holtz distress powders. More goodies to be won, so scroll down to find out more! All you need to do is join in and leave a comment on my team's blogs (mine counts too). Please leave Joy some comments too. We all love to know we are sharing. On that note...my challenge today is to take time to send a card to a friend...in fact I am taking my own advice and will send out some thank you cards that I need to do!

9 comments:

Robyn said...

Beautiful card- must try this technique.
thanks for using the Quietfire stamp.

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty...nicely done with that technique...another stencil on my wish list...tfs...

Quietfire said...

Oh, Joy! This is so spectacular! Brilliant colour. Such a wonderful stencil - my all time favourite stencil. Thanks for using the stamp!

Art By Wanda said...

Very beautiful!!!

Wendy said...

This is beautiful Joy!!! Being from Alberta, we are practically neighbors. I am in Western Montana. Your card is gorgeous and the stencil is one of my personal favorites.
Have a great day!

Louise said...

Perfect fall card Joy, it is gorgeous! You captured the colors and feeling of fall beautifully!

Rufus said...

Love your sunrise/sunset color scheme and I've always liked that stencil. Stunning card.
R/

Laura Drahozal said...

This is soooooo gorgeous! I just love it.

Cherylynn said...

Absolutely beautiful Joy!

Post a Comment