This month we are celebrating Spring. April showers bring May flowers and of course weddings galore! I know that we are not being really specific, but it gives you the opportunity to interpret this challenge in several different ways. Loved all of your cards this past month with the CAS (Clean and Simple) March challenge and I expect to see some of that going on this month too. Scroll to the bottom of this post to see what you could win for playing along. Again we will give away two stencils to #1 the best interpretation of the challenge and #2 best usage of Dreamweaver products.
Also next week April 9-14 we will be doing a blog with the Stampendous design team. I have gotten a sneak preview of some of the cards and they have blown me away. (We have some overachievers on the two teams...hehehe.) So be sure to hop back over here on the 9th and start hopping and leaving comments ...there will be a couple of nice prizes and leaving comments on these blog hops gives you an opportunity to win. Definitely worth the hopping you'll be doing between the two teams. Besides the cards will be really fun to see, can't wait myself.
Now I have to admit that the post for today is a creation of Louise Healy and has been posted before on her blog. But her creation just happens to say "this is the epitome of spring" and I couldn't resist posting it again on my blog. "Thanks Louise!"
A card like this could be used for many occasions. She dry embossed the black-eyed susan stencil (LJ902). Next she stenciled it with Brilliance inks and then after she removed the stencil she put glue in the centers of the flowers and sprinkled dark tea on them. (She had some older tea bags around and thought the tea would work on one of her creations, so she recycled it instead of tossing them...great idea Louise!) Another great tip is that since she only had white ribbon in her ribbon box she colored it with Copic markers to match her flowers. I this is a great CAS card too, don't you think?
We are going to have two prizes for the April challenge. So view them at the end of my blog. Don't forget to make the rounds and see what the rest of the team has done with this wedding and/or flower challenge. Don't forget to link up to mr. linky and play along with us. If you don't have a blog or somewhere to link up your creation, just email me a picture of your creation and I will share it for you. My email is email@example.com
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Posted by Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils at 2:00 AM
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (77)
- Thursday's Dream Schemes/ Wedding Invitation with ...
- Thursday's Dream Schemes/ April Showers Bring May ...
- April Challenge:Bring on the Romance...Flowers and...
- Dreamweaver/Stampendous Hop Week WINNERS!!!
- Mr. Linky is Very Popular!
- Dreamweaver/Stampendous Blog Hop Final Day!
- Playing Along With the April Challenge?
- Day Five of the Dreamweaver/Stampendous Blog Hop W...
- Oh, Mr. Linky...Where Are You?
- Day Four of the Dreamweaver/Stampendous Blog Hop W...
- Playing With the April Challenge?
- Day Three of the Dreamweaver/Stampendous Blog Hop ...
- Looking for Mr. Linky?
- Day Two of the Dreamweaver/Stampendous Blog Hop We...
- Need Mr. Linky for the April Flowers Challenge?
- Welcome to the Dreamweaver/Stampendous Blog Hop We...
- Thursday's Dream Schemes/April Challenge-Brings Ma...
- Two Winners for the CAS Challenge:YAY!!!
- ▼ April (18)
- ► 2011 (78)