Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday's Dream Schemes/Sketch Challenge


Good morning! Thanks for joining us this Thursday for our sketch challenge. This particular sketch comes to us all the way from Nova Scotia. Deborah March is our design team leader and she has a beautiful blog that is a "must see". Follow the list on the sidebar at the right and starting with Deborah visit our team's blogs to see how they have interpreted her sketch. Also play along and design a creation to share with us.

I used the "double glitter technique" on this fuchsia stencil (LL543) using microfine transparent glitters in a light pink and light green. Then I added brighter colors by stenciling on top of those light colored glitters with pigment ink from the "circus" Splendor ink pad by Tsukineko. Once I removed the stencil I did the background in a transparent crystal glitter by Stampendous. The veins down the center of the leaves was accomplished by using a curved edge of the Picasso stencil shield (LL332) and stenciling off the edge of the shield with a small stencil brush. If you would like me to email you the double glitter instructions email me at lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com. The "thank you" (LG691) at the bottom was paste-embossed with the Glossy Black Embossing Paste (DGKP). The background is a new Striped stencil (LX7002) and I am calling it a "plaidmaker", because you can stencil in one direction and then turn it 90 degrees and stencil in the other direction and create a plaid look. This can be done with inks and a dauber, or the Memory Mists, or even the embossing pastes. I will be sharing more on these techniques as soon as the stencil is ready to sell. We are waiting for our order to come in, but hopefully next week should be the week! In the meantime we are going to tease you with some of the new designs...there are sixteen of them. No, you won't be able to buy them yet, but the design team has been working with them and will give you some great ideas to tease you with. Enjoy your week of creating!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

Post your creation with our Mister Linky...we all look forward to seeing what you do!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful Lynell. You double glitter technique is soooo good. When will I be that good. ugh! Always such a pleasure visiting your blog. I hope you have a fantatic day!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love those fuchsia! I keep meaning to try the stenciling on top of the glitter...I love the intense colors.

Laura Drahozal said...

I love the double glitter technique--especially when it is stencilled on! The small medallion is beautiful. The new stripe stencil really sets it off, too.

Lee Kellogg said...

Very nice Lynell, I like all the glitter.

Kristi said...

coolness....you know how i feel about the glitter

Deborah March said...

Beautiful Lynell. Hmmmm, you have me coveting that stripe stencil now...love how it's been used on a couple of blogs this week!

sommrstamping said...

Lynell gorgeous as usual, I love the glitter!!!! and the stripe background is fab.

Barbara said...

The colors are gorgeous and I love the glitter. Will have to look at the striped stencil! Once again, you are an inspiration!

Post a Comment